Change the way you Think about Dieting!
Get Started by forgetting everything you have heard about dieting and weight loss plans…………..Because the key to losing weight is changing the way, YOU THINK about dieting!
1. Forget about quick-fix diets or overnight solutions– Because, trust me, such magical diets don’t exist. Our plans can definitely guide you to lose weight fast and achieve your dream weight and a perfect slim figure, but it won’t happen overnight. The rate of losing weight depends on your present weight, medical history, lifestyle and physical activity level. However, a weight loss of half to one kilo per week or an average loss of 3-5 kgs in a month has been considered as a healthy rate of weight loss.
2. Forget about being scared of food and worrying about being overweight-Because the best way to lose weight is to make friends with food and understanding Which Foods do What to your Body!My advise to all weight loss seekers, restrict your intake of processed and refined foods such as white breads, pizzas, refined sugar, fried items, ice creams, etc and add on whole grains, skimmed milk, nuts(almonds),sprouts, fish, egg whites ,vegetable juices in your daily regime.
3. Forget about eating miniature helpings –Because, the process of losing weight has nothing to do with your eating miniature sized helpings. The best way to lose weight is to eat small and frequent meals during the day, instead of three big meals. Remember, the quality of food eaten is of much more importance than the quantity eaten. The source of calories eaten is of much more importance than the number of calories taken.
4. Forget about restricting your diets without a professional help– Because, improper dietary modifications adopted would not only hinder the process of your weight loss, but also lead to nutritional deficiencies and disorders. The best diet would be the one, which nourishes your body, takes care of your cravings, and improves your self-esteem and energy levels, whilst providing weight loss.
5. Forget about indulging in so-called special ‘diet’ powders or supplements Because, it’s highly unlike that a powder or supplement can substitute your meals or curb your cravings. Imagine, substituting your regular meals of dal, rice, rotis, vegetables and fruits with special drinks and powders…… how long, can you do so and can you get all the required nutrients through them? Aim at including complex carbohydrates (whole wheat, jowar, bajra, nachni), lean proteins (fish, chicken and egg whites) and fruits and vegetable in your daily routine along with a regular exercise regime for a healthy weight loss.
6. Forget about spending three hours in your gym and over exercising.Because losing weight is not directly proportional to number of hours spent in the gym!! Yes, exercise is essential for losing weight but a brisk walk of 30-40 minutes is also good enough.
FINALLY, forget about your past dieting failures-In order to learn to eat right and exercise regularly, you may also have to learn to handle the problems life throws at you without turning away from healthy eating and exercise. Be particularly careful about everything-or-nothing thinking. A common tendency when you have failed to stay on a diet, is to abandon it altogether. It’s better to accept that to err is human. Try to learn from your mistakes and do better in the future.
Remember, you would never be able to succeed in your endeavor to shed excess weight, if you equate dieting with deprivation, with suffering and with un fulfilled cravings.
Just sit down for a moment and visualize your self 10 kilos lighter, without any digestive problems and without any worry about any risk to lifestyle disorders like diabetes, heart problems and liver malfunction……..How do you feel? Don’t you feel fantastic?So, stop worrying about giving up all the nice things to eat, and start looking forward to a life full of health, energy and vigor.
Cheers to a slim and healthy you!!